I came across No Recipes yesterday and the first thing I saw was this amazing corn salsa. With springtime here and a grill to use, I thought this would be a great app. And…it is. Tons of flavor, especially if you let it sit overnight. I would recommend adding a jalapeno to make it a bit spicier.
- 3 ears sweet corn shucked
- 1/4 red bell pepper, minced
- 1/4 small red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- Spread a bit of olive oil over the corn.
- Grill the corn over high heat until it is speckled black on all sides, rotating each ear to make sure it roasts evenly.
- Allow the corn to cool enough to handle.
- Use a sharp knife to remove the kernels of corn into a bowl.
- Add the bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, salt and dried oregano.
- Stir to combine, taste for salt and adjust to taste.
Link to original recipe.